|1. How to join the China-Philippines Chamber of Commerce?
An individual or company, who wish to become a member of the China-Philippines Chamber of Commerce (CPCC) should fill-up and file the corresponding Membership Application form to the Chamber. The Board of Governors of the Chamber shall decide by simple majority on the admissibility of an applicant to be a member during its regular monthly meeting. Once the Board of Governors approves the application for membership, the applicant should pay the corresponding annual membership fee to formally become a member of the Chamber.
2. What are the types of membership in the Chamber?
The Chamber has three (3) types of membership, namely: Corporate, Individual and Honorary (please click-on Member’s Corner on the description of each of type of membership).
3. How much is the annual membership fee?
For Corporate member, it is RMB2,000.00 while for individual member, it is RMB300.00. Honorary members are exempted from paying the annual membership fee.
Membership fee can be submitted to the chamber secretariat or transferred through the bank. The company or individual should fax the bank’s remittance slip to the Chamber’s secretariat for the latter’s reference after remitting the money.
4. What are the benefits that will be enjoyed by a Chamber member?
The benefits are listed in the Member’s Corner. It goes with it the rights and obligations of a Chamber member.
The enumerated benefits are not yet exhaustive, since the Membership Committee is still working with travel agencies, hotels, airline companies and other establishments for a corporate discount which will be passed on to Chamber’s members.
5. How will I know if I or my company’s application has been approved or not?
Once the Board of Governors approved the application of a company or individual for corporate or individual membership, the Chamber’s Chair on Membership Committee will send a confirmation letter of membership acceptance.
Aside from confirming the acceptance of a company or individual as member of the Chamber, the letter will also request for the submission of the following:
• Company Profile
• Board Resolution submitting the names of five (5) company officials who are authorized to represent the company in the Chamber
• Business Card of the five (5) company officials
• Passport sized photo (2 pieces each) of the five (5) company officials
• Copy of passport’s 1st page of each of the five (5) company officials
• Business Card
• Passport sized photo (2 copies)
• Copy of passport’s 1st page
6. What is the Composition of the Board and term of office?
The Board of Governors of the Chamber shall be composed of at least ten (10) persons who shall be elected during the Annual General Membership Meeting. Officers of the Board of Governors shall consist of the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer and seven (7) members (Note: The founding members may appoint interim officers in the early stage of the organization of the Chamber).
The Board of Governors shall serve for a period of two (2) years and may seek re-election for two (2) more terms only. In case, a Board Member resigns or abandons his seat in the Board, then the Board of Governors shall appoint an interim officer among the members. He shall serve the remaining months or years of the resigned Board Member.